My aunt is quite a character. An 80+ plus years old, she is still trying our eyelash and eyebrow growth products in the hope that her over-plucked brows especially will be restored to their full bushy glory.
In case you know what she looks like now, just do an image search of kabuki masks and, yes, that white pasty face and very thin, sparse eyebrows is definitely her.
Unfortunately, being a reviewer of eyelash growth products, I have the familial obligation to try out WITH HER any eyelash serums that happened to catch her fancy. This post, we will talk about ORGANYC EYELASH & EYEBROW GROWTH SERUM
[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
What is ORGANYC EYELASH & EYEBROW GROWTH SERUM
Enter Organyc Eyelash & Eyebrow Growth Serum. It was a gift to her from my cousin in the U.S. Said cousin even sent me a note:
“HAVE FUN EXPERIMENTING WITH THIS NEW SERUM! HOPE YOUR EYELASHES AND EYEBROWS DON’T FALL OUT.”
The demon even added a LMAO emoji. I could kill her.
Since my aunt already has her mirror and full makeup kit out, I told her to wait until I have done a thorough check of the ingredients list. For you, my readers, let’s do a run through of the ingredients one by one…
ORGANYC EYELASH & EYEBROW GROWTH SERUM INGREDIENTS
- Purified Water (Aqua) = The base agent for all the ingredients contained in the serum.
- Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 = Promotes increased production of collagen in the eyelash follicles
- Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose = Also known as cellulose gum, it serves as a serum thickener and stabilizer.
- Glycerin = A moisturizing agent, it promotes hydration of the eyelash follicles.
- Sodium PCA = Like glycerine, this ingredient is also a moisturizing agent. It also acts to replenish the skin of the eyelids.
- Panthenol = Also known as Pro Vitamin B5, it helps in drawing in moisture into the eyelash follicles and locks it in, thus preventing dehydration in the lashes.
- Calcium Pantothenate = Another form of Vitamin B5 with the same properties as Panthenol. In addition, it aids in bringing energy to the eyelash follicles to promote collagen production.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Cell Extract = It contains antioxidant properties and helps in soothing irritated skin.
- Phenoxyethanol = Acts as a preservative
- Ethylhexylglycerin = This ingredient also acts as a preservative, but it also promotes delivery/penetration of the serum’s active substances into the eyelash. It also aids in softening the skin of the eyelids.
From the ingredients I can already see that Organyc Eyelash & Eyebrow Growth Serum is more of an eyelash conditioner than a growth serum. Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, in particular, is only capable of inducing eyelash growth if it is combined with other peptides. But, as I expected, my aunt is not interested in listening to me ramble on about the ingredients, so we proceeded to study the instructions.
HOW TO USE ORGANYC EYELASH & EYEBROW GROWTH SERUM
After washing the face with mild soap and warm water (for maximum absorptive effect), we picked up the applicator brush, making sure that it drags against the bottle’s edge so that excess serum can drip back down.
We flipped the brush upside down, allowing the serum to soak into the fine bristles. We then drew a thin line along the base of the upper eyelashes.
Any excess serum is blotted out to prevent it getting into the eyes; I sadly got some of the serum into my eyes and it stung so badly I had to wash my eyes and try it again.
As for the eyebrows, you simply apply the serum directly to your brows, making sure that the liquid penetrates into the roots by rubbing it in with your fingertips.
The serum is to be used in the morning and before going to bed for a period of two months. Afterward, you can use it every evening.
Please note that the manufacturer also pointed out that the eyelashes are the slowest growing hairs on the human body so patience is required when waiting for results.
My aunt and I used the product regularly for a full month. While my aunt did not see any new eyelashes growing, in my case, I noticed that my lashes were thicker and stronger than before. Like her, I also didn’t see any new lash growth, but the increased volume of my eyelashes made it appear that I had grown new ones.
By the end of the second month, I observed that I DID apparently grow new lashes because my eyelashes have become lush (with few empty spaces in between the lashes).
Also, I have noticed that they have maintained their thickness and strength from the previous month. Unfortunately, my aunt didn’t have any success with the product (absolutely no growth in her eyelashes and eyebrows), which I can only attribute to her advanced age and perhaps that she had already caused serious harm to her follicles on account of her habitual plucking in her youth.
The one thing that the both of us didn’t like about Organyc Eyelash & Eyebrow Growth Serum is that it has the tendency to promote crustiness of the eyes.
During the two-month course of using the serum, we would head directly to the bathroom to wash our faces because our eyes feel so sticky and crusty. Yuck! My aunt even had the nasty experience of having one prickly crust get into her eye, so that I had to force rinse it off with a hand spray.
Oh, and going back to my cousin who sent my aunt the serum. Apparently, she tried the serum as well. Sadly, she reported having had an allergic reaction to it so she ended up passing the product on to her friend.
Eye crustiness aside, I recommend everyone to try our Organyc Eyelash & Eyebrow Growth Serum. Because it is moderately price at $34.99, I suggest you buy just a single bottle to test the product. Since my cousin reported having had an allergic reaction, better do a skin test first to ensure safety of use. Older aged women might want to skip this product since it might not work for you as it did with my aunt.